ASEAN students can apply for the ASEAN Maybank Scholarship Program 2022. The fully-funded scholarship programme aims to provide opportunities to exceptional and talented young people. As a result, the ASEAN Maybank scholarship is being hosted by a prestigious institute of the ASEAN University Network. Furthermore, in order to attract youth, ASEAN scholarship promotes intra-ASEAN collaboration.
This scholarship is the first in ASEAN Maybank’s 2022 scholar intake. The programme aims to place the best scholars in public universities in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, and Indonesia. University placements in the remaining ASEAN countries will gradually increase over time. Currently, 30 universities in ten ASEAN member states are members of the ASEAN university network. Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok serves as the ASEAN University network’s secretariat.
Finally, this scholarship programme will help to contribute to the ASEAN socio-cultural community Blueprint 2025, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and the Maybank Group’s goal of improving the lives of one million households by 2025.
You Can Apply: Boston University Presidential Scholarships in USA 2022
Details about the ASEAN Maybank Scholarship Program 2022
- Country: Malaysia
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Deadline: April 16, 2022
- Actuarial Science.
- Business management.
- Data Science.
- Information Technology.
- International Business.
- Political Science.
- Risk Management.
- Social Work.
- Future related courses, for example, computer Programming, Web Development, Software Development, Mobile Application Development, UI/UX, Data Science etc.
You can Apply: IFSPD Presidential Fellowship Program 2022
Here are the eligibility criteria for the ASEAN Maybank Scholarship:
- Applicants must be a national of any of the 10 ASEAN member states.
- Students must have exceptional academic record and qualifications.
- Active in extracurricular activities is a plus point.
- Furthermore, they must be a graduate with a minimum of 3.0 GPA or equivalent.
- Moreover, students must have studied any of the fields of approved disciplines of the scholarship program.
- Applicants must have received an admission letter or offer letter from any ASEAN University Network member.
Benefits ASEAN Maybank Scholarship Program
The ASEAN Maybank Scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Monthly stipend.
- Laptop for academic purposes.
- Settling allowance.
- Return airfare of economy class.
- Medical allowance and accident insurance coverage (this includes incidental expenses).
- Moreover, participants will have a chance to experience professional internship opportunities during the holiday break.
- Last but not least, assignments at ASEAN University Secretariat, ASEAN foundation or Maybank branches.
You Can Apply: Milken-Penn Education Business Plan Competition
How To Apply For ASEAN Maybank Scholarship Program
- The application process is online. Interested students must complete the application process before the deadline.
- Maybank and the ASEAN Foundation will select the applicants after the joint screening.