A*Star International fellowships are available for international students pursuing a degree in Singapore, and include a monthly overseas living allowance, annual return airfare, and other allowances such as settling-in allowance, computer allowance, book allowance, and conference allowance.
International students can apply for an A*Star International fellowship to pursue a postdoctoral degree in Singapore. Our post-doctoral scholarships provide advanced teaching opportunities at prestigious universities and labs to help you develop new scientific skills and conduct cutting-edge research in your field of specialization. Not only will you learn from the best minds in the world, but you will also build invaluable networks with the global research community.
With the A*STAR International Fellowship, you can broaden your study experience, deepen your understanding, and make global connections to advance your science career. This scholarship will fully fund your post-doctoral training at leading laboratories around the world. You can connect and build international networks with the global research community with this international exposure. After finishing your postdoctoral training, you will begin an exciting career at an A*STAR Research Institute. Scholars will return to Singapore after completing their post-doctoral research training and will contribute three (3) years to the A*STAR Research Institute.
- Level of Study: Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Institution(s): A*STAR
- Study in: Singapore
- Course Offered:
- Chemicals, materials and energy
- Food, nutrition & consumer care
- Pharmaceuticals & biologics
- Medical technology
- Infocomms (infocommunications)
- Program Period: 2 years
- Round 1: 1 October of the preceding year
- Round 2: 1 March of the same year
A*Star International Fellowship Coverage
AStar International fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance.
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable).
- Annual return airfare.
- Other allowances including:
- Settling-in allowance.
- Computer allowance.
- Book allowance.
- Conference allowance.
- Annual personal insurance.
- The 3 years will be completed and funded by the preferred A*STAR Research Institute.
- All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time.
To be eligible for A*Star International fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply for A*Star International fellowship?
Please follow the following important steps to avail this scholarship:
- Sign Up ” Create your own account”, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
- Fill in the required application, then Submit.
- After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend psychometric test/s and at least two rounds of interviews.
You Can Apply: Fully Funded UK Scholarships | Study in UK
Please note for the interview: You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project. This is followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
If you qualify for the next interview round(s): you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the 1-year service commitment period at that Research Institute after the post-doctoral training under the AIF.
To know more about A*Star International fellowship, please visit official website link: