The prestigious and competitive Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada is now accepting applications and offers financial support of $70,000 per year to cover research expenses, travel, and living expenses.
Table of Contents
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada, which is prestigious and competitive, is now accepting applications. The program is open to the best postdoctoral candidates who excel in their academic and research fields. In Canada, the Banting Fellowship provides funding for both national and international students from all over the world.
The Banting Program’s goal is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their leadership skills, and prepare them to be tomorrow’s research leaders. The Vanier Banting fellowship program provides 70 annual fellowships. The Banting fellowships are equally distributed among Canada’s three institutes: the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Banting postdoctoral fellowships for national and international students are fully funded programs that provide recipients with $70,000 per year for two years. Banting scholars are expected to contribute significantly to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress in 2023-24.
You Can Apply: Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada 2023-2024 Checklist
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 in Canada Details
- Fellowship Host Country: Canada
- Offered By: Government of Canada
- No of Fellowships: 70 fellowships per annum
- Program Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: National and International
- Deadline: 20 September 2023.
Benefits of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada
- Financial support: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships offer financial support of $70,000 per year for two years, which is a significant amount for postdoctoral researchers. This funding can be used for research expenses, travel, and living expenses.
- Flexibility: Banting Fellows have the flexibility to conduct their research at any Canadian university or research institution of their choice. This allows them to work with leading researchers and access cutting-edge facilities and resources.
- Career development: The Banting Fellowships provide a unique opportunity for postdoctoral researchers to advance their careers by working on innovative research projects and developing new skills. The fellowship provides a supportive environment for postdoctoral researchers to publish research papers, collaborate with other researchers, and establish their independent research program.
- Networking opportunities: Banting Fellows have the opportunity to interact with other postdoctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. This provides a unique opportunity for networking, collaboration, and building long-lasting relationships.
- Recognition: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are highly competitive, and receiving the award is a significant accomplishment. Being awarded the fellowship provides recognition and prestige that can be leveraged for future career opportunities.
You Can Apply: UNICEF Internship 2023-2024 | Fully Funded + Certificate
Eligibility Criteria of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
- Candidates must have obtained their PhD, PhD equivalent of a health professional degree.
- Candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can hold the fellowship only in Canadian institutes.
- Only those students are eligible who are nominated by the host institutions.
- Candidates must fulfill all other requirements for Banting Fellowships.
The application deadline to apply for the Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2024 in Canada is 20 September 2023 (20:00 EDT).
You Can Apply: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships 2023
How to Apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2024?
- You have to apply through a ResearchNet account.
- You should read the Selection committee guide before commencing your application.
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement.