Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024 is a wonderful opportunity for future-oriented individuals to spend a period of time at a UK, with arrival allowance of up to £972.59 including an element for warm clothing and a monthly stipend of £2,197.
Table of Contents
The Commonwealth Fellowship Program 2024 is an excellent opportunity for future-oriented individuals to spend time at a UK host organization working in their sector as part of a professional development program. Fellowships are available for mid-career professionals from Commonwealth countries to pursue training, research, or study in the United Kingdom. The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships aims to improve Fellows’ skills and knowledge so that they can contribute more effectively to their home countries’ development. The Scheme allows mid-career professionals from a variety of industries to improve their skills and gain exposure to new ideas and approaches. The Commonwealth Fellowship scheme is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and it provides talented and motivated professionals the opportunity to acquire new skills and enhance their knowledge.
Mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries are eligible for the fully-funded international fellowships 2024. The fellowship is intended to help developing countries build capacity by providing opportunities for public service leaders to gain knowledge and experience in the UK. Fellowships are available in a variety of fields, including education, science and technology, public administration, and health. The Fellowship provides full-time tutoring, mentoring, and study and research support that results in the creation of outputs such as policy briefs or papers, case studies, creative outputs, curriculum materials, and so on. These will help the Fellow’s professional development as well as their ability to contribute to their home country. Fellows will also have the opportunity to network with other professionals and form long-term relationships with UK
The Commonwealth Professional Fellowship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to participate in an intensive, immersive research program and gain skills that will aid your career success. You will be guided by some of the world’s most renowned professors and researchers, and you will have access to cutting-edge facilities. Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are given to the best and brightest young professionals in developing Commonwealth countries who want to make a difference in their communities. The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships program provides high-potential young people from across the Commonwealth with the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and become future community leaders.
You Can Apply: University Of London Scholarship In UK 2023 | Apply Now
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Uk 2024 Details
- Fellowship Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Funded By: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- Who is eligible? Mid-career professionals
- Deadline: 10 May 2023.
List of the Eligible Countries for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea Rwanda
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
You Can Apply: Humber International Entrance Scholarships 2023 In Canada
Programs offered by host organizations
- Cardiff University’s Phoenix Project
- Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation
- Knowledge for Change
- Lifegate Outreach Centre
- Windle Trust International
Benefits of Commonwealth Fellowships 2024
- Fellows receive an approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK
- Fellows will be reimbursed for the standard visa application fee
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of £1,782.
- Those fellows who are assigned to institutions in the London Metropolitan area will receive a monthly stipend of £2,197.
- Fellows will receive an arrival allowance of up to £972.59 including an element for warm clothing.
- Fellows who declare disabilities will be assessed by the CSC for eligibility for additional financial support.
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2024:
- The candidate must be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status by such a country, or be protected by the British government;
- The candidate must possess permanent residency in one of the Commonwealth countries.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent part-time work experience related to the program by the proposed start date of the fellowship. Voluntary work experience will not count toward this requirement.
- The candidate must be employed at the time of application in an organization to which they will return upon completion of the Fellowship;
- Applicants for Professional Fellowships will be required to provide a minimum of two references.
- The CSC will contact prospective Fellows directly if references are required. A host organization may also contact Fellows to request a reference when considering their application;
- The candidate must not have previously undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years.
- The candidate must be available for the start and completion of the fellowship in accordance with the prescribed timeline.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Application Deadline
The application deadline to apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2024 in the Uk is 10 May 2023., make sure to submit your application as soon as possible.
You Can Apply: Top 20 Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia 2023
How to Apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024?
Through CSC’s online application process, candidates may apply online for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships.
Prospective fellows will be asked to provide the following information on the application form:
- Provide a list of all undergraduate and graduate university qualifications (where applicable)
- Provide a list of up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Give a brief description of your employment history and explain how each position is relevant to the program you wish to pursue in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- You should describe how your previous work experience is relevant to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)
- Prepare a four-part statement of development impact.