The Equals in Tech Awards 2022 recognise organisations and individuals who work to ensure that girls and women have equal access to the internet, digital skills, and opportunities in the technology industry. The Global Partnership for Gender Equality in the Digital Era (EQUALS) is a global coalition of corporate leaders, businesses, governments, non-profit organisations, NGOs, academic institutions, and community groups. They are committed to promoting gender balance in the technology sector by ensuring equal access to career opportunities and skill development for both men and women.
Nominations for the EQUALS in Tech Awards 2022 are now being accepted. They want to know about global initiatives, movements, projects, institutions, and organisations that are working to close the gender digital divide. EQUALS is seeking nominations from all over the world for significant and small efforts in the following categories: skills, access, leadership in tech, leadership in SME, and research.
You can Apply: Al Qasimia University Scholarship 2022 in UAE
- Access: A project aimed at enhancing the digital technology access, connectivity, and security of women and girls.
- Women in tech leadership: An initiative to increase the number of women in decision-making positions in the ICT sphere.
- Leadership in SME: A tech sector program to bridge the digital gender divide.
- Skills: Programmes help women and girls build their science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills.
- Research: Projects that prioritize gender digital divide research and the production of verifiable evidence to address diversity challenges in STEM and computing professions.
Details Of Equals in Tech Awards 2022
- Country: Online
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: May 6, 2022
You Can Apply: University of Trieste Master’s Scholarship 2022 In Italy
Following are the criteria to be eligible for the Equals in tech awards 2022:
- They are looking for innovative initiatives and projects promoting gender equality online and in the tech sector in tech sectors.
- Open to all individuals and organizations.
- Regardless of the languages and nationalities, open to all who wish to submit projects to advance gender equality using ICTs.
- Eligible projects should reach the girls and women in an impactful way.
- Projects must have the potential to scale or be replicated once adapted or configured to other contexts.
- Moreover, they must have the capabilities to work with the collaboration of partners.
- Lastly, Projects should be innovative and impactful.
Here are the benefits of the EQUALS in tech awards:
- Winning this award offers opportunities to connect with like- minded investors, entrepreneurs, researchers, activists, and leaders from academia, intergovernmental agencies and the private sector.
- Winners join a robust and active support community and expand their networks among organizations with shared goals.
- They frequently ask the winners to promote their work through various channels.
- Furthermore, winners are invited to join an advisory panel that chooses future award winners
- Good addition to resume.
You Can Apply: Flinders University Scholarships 2022 (Study in Australia)
How To Apply For Equals in Tech Awards 2022
- Applications are available in the following languages.
- Individuals can nominate themselves as well as other people can also nominate individuals.
- The deadline for nomination is 6 May 2022.