Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is an exchange student scholarship that is fully funded. Living expenses, a stipend, airfare, and medical insurance are all covered by the scholarship.
Table of Contents
Continue your education in South Korea. Excellent news! For Exchange students, the Global Korea Scholarship is currently available. In this article, we will go over the GKS Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in detail.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is a fully funded exchange student scholarship. This scholarship is available for master’s and undergraduate studies during the 2023-2024 academic year. The scholarship covers living expenses, a stipend, airfare, and medical insurance.
SNU ISI provides students with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience academic life at Seoul National University, Korea’s most prestigious university and one of the world’s leading universities. SNU ISIs, taught by distinguished SNU and visiting faculty members, provide students with the opportunity to learn in depth about Korea and East Asia as well as a range of topics from the disciplines of Economics and Business Management to History, Politics, Sociology, and Arts.
Since its inception in 2007, the SNU ISI program has welcomed over 2,000 students from all over the world to learn, experience, and enjoy an unforgettable summer of academics, activities, and long-lasting friendships.
The goal is to provide meaningful experiences for exchange students about Korean culture and education, as well as to strengthen Korean universities’ global competence.
You Can Apply: Université de Montréal Scholarships 2023 In Canada
Global Korea Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
- Study in: South Korea
- Program Period: 4 months or 10 months (depending on student’s exchange period)
- Deadline: September / February(Annually)
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Hispanic Language and Literature
- Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Korean History
- Asian History
- Western History
- Archaeology and Art History
- Religious Studies
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Welfare
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- Biosystems & Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies Education
- History Education
- Geography Education
- Ethics Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Earth Science Education
- Physical Education
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- Media Art
- Technology Management
- Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities
For more information, Click here.
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restricted to students who are currently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Applicants who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate-level students, will be open to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer available to exchange students.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to masters level students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT available at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
You Can Apply: Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships 2023 In Turkey
Global Korea Scholarship Coverage
GKS Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Round-trip Airfare: Reimbursement available within the set amount.
- Medical Insurance:20,000 won per month(paid by each university).
Eligibility Criteria for GKS
To qualify for GKS Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in at least second semester of the home university program (= have completed at least one semester before they apply)
* We cannot thus accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application stage.
- Applicants must fulfill the following GPA requirement. (from Fall 2020’s admission)
- Undergraduate: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equivalent to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Masters: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
You Can Apply: International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship 2023
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be nominated by their universities and application package should be sent by the university by e-mail, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
- The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
- Apply to the exchange program through the On-line Application Form, fill in the application, and upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system:
- A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending.
- Official University Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university.
- A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean).
- A Copy of Applicant’s Passport.
- For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants: Photographs of works/recording of performances
- Submit the application.
- Exchange program candidates can complete the application by online submission.
- All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated in Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an authorised body.
To know more about Global Korea Scholarship, please visit the official website: