IMB International PhD Program 2023 – 2024 Germany is open to international students interested in pursuing a PhD in Mainz, Germany.
Table of Contents
The IMB International PhD Program is open to international students interested in pursuing a PhD in Mainz, Germany. The International PhD Program (IPP) offers talented and passionate students the opportunity to pursue PhD studies at the cutting edge of contemporary biology. Program projects address critical issues related to the overarching theme of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics, and Genome Stability.
Our organisations cover a wide range of skills in biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, system biology, and applied physics. CRISPR/Cas, NGS, gene network modelling, mass spectrometry, and super-resolution microscopy are just a few of the techniques you can investigate with us. The Institute of Molecular Biology, a newly established centre of excellence in life sciences, coordinates the programme. Participating organisations can be found at:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
You Can Apply: Top Scholarships In Germany Without IELTS
IMB International PhD Program Summary
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): IMB
- Study in: Mainz, Germany
- Application deadline:April 19, 2023 / November 26, 2023
- Courses Offered:
- Systems biology
- Applied physics
- Cell and developmental biology
IMB International PhD Program Coverage
IMB International PhD Program covers Costs for accommodation and travel.
Eligibility Criteria for IMB International PhD Program
To qualify for IMB International PhD Program, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Information required for application (click here to download an example)
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honors or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words).
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any).
- Details of past research experiences.
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words).
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB).
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies as far as completed.
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
– English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available).
– High school certificate (if available).
You Can Apply: TU Berlin Summer Scholarship in Germany
How to Apply for IMB International PhD Program?
Please follow below important instructions to avail this scholarship:
- Online registration from here.
Register online with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
- Online application form.
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalized online application form by e-mail. You find this link at the end of a guideline how to apply The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
- Interview days.
Shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 19 – 21 June 2023. The interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you could imagine to work with. Costs for accommodation and travel (also intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.