The International Max Planck Research Scholarship 2023-2024 provides full funding to international students. The contract includes health insurance, pension contributions, and other social benefits for a monthly minimum of 1,700 Euro.
Table of Contents
Continue your education in Germany. Excellent news! TheInternational Max Planck Research Scholarship is now available. In this article, we will go over the IMPRS PhD scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in detail.
The International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship 2023-2024 provides full funding to international students. The contract includes health insurance, pension contributions, and other social benefits. PhD students have a monthly net take-home pay of at least 1,700 Euro (after taxes and deductions).
International students who wish to pursue doctoral studies at Germany’s International Max Planck Research School may apply to the IMPRS PhD Program in Science. The International Max Planck Research Scholarship for Cell, Developmental, and Systems Biology trains talented young doctoral researchers in three Dresden locations, incorporating Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science and working with top scientists from over 50 countries to answer the question: How do cells form tissues and organisms? Our PhD students are enthusiastic about cross-disciplinary science and are pursuing novel research avenues.
Under our study mission, we are looking for applications from skilled and innovative young researchers who are naturally curious and hungry for new alternatives. Successful applicants have a strong desire to shape the future of science and the ability to thrive in a highly competitive, interdisciplinary environment.
You Can Apply: Marconi International University Scholarships 2023 | USA
International Max Planck Research Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD)
- Institution(s): International Max Planck Research School
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Computer science
- Applied Mathematics
- Life Sciences
- Program Period: 4 Years
- Deadline: Applications are accepted at any time
International Max Planck Research Scholarship Coverage
International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The IMPRS-CellDevoSys guarantees full financial support for the entire duration of your PhD work, i.e, up to 4 years. PhD projects in the IMPRS cannot extend beyond 4 years.
- Financial support is granted via an employment contract according to 65% TvöD E13 (German tariff for employees in civil service).
- Health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits are included in the contract. The net take-home pay for PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,700 Euro per month.
Eligibility Criteria for International Max Planck Research Scholarship
To be eligible for International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English.
We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Admission is based solely on prior scientific qualifications and future potential. This ensures the recruitment of only the highest qualified candidates in a fair and transparent manner.
- You must hold a university degree or have a scheduled graduation date before starting your thesis work.
- Distinctive proficiency in textbook scientific knowledge is essential. Enthusiasm and collegiality are also vital.
- Applicants must hold, or anticipate receiving, a Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering before taking up PhD thesis work. Applicants holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis is part of the curriculum.
- As English is the working language of the program, applicants should demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English proficiency. We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- Candidates previously affiliated with an IMPRS group for more than 3 months are considered “internal candidates”. In general, internal candidates are eligible for admission. They may join a research group for PhD thesis work if the previous affiliation with this group did not exceed 12 months.
- Internal candidates must demonstrate outstanding performance and the highest potential in order to be invited for interviews.
- Evaluation Process
- Completed eligible applications will proceed to evaluation. The first evaluation takes into account the applicants’ national education system, and is carried out by internal experts of the respective educational system.
- Additionally, we may conduct phone or Skype interviews during the evaluation process. Qualified applications are recommended to faculty members for further assessment. They jointly short-list the candidates to be invited for the interview week in Dresden.
You Can Apply: University of Twente Scholarships 2023 in Netherlands
How to Apply for International Max Planck Research Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- Acquaint yourself with our research and featured open positions
- Make sure that you qualify and are passionate about doing research with us
- Ask 2 referees to support your application
- Complete the application form
- Submit once your referees have contributed their recommendation
To know more about International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship, please visit official website: