Monash Research Training Program 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students that provides an annual living allowance of up to $29,500 as well as a $1,500 relocation allowance.
Table of Contents
Continue your studies Australia. Excellent news! The Monash Research Training Program is currently accepting applications. In this article, we will go over the Monash Research Training Program stipend, its benefits, and the application process in detail.
Monash Research Training Program 2023-2024 is a fully funded master’s and doctoral scholarship available to international students. This scholarship provides an annual living allowance of up to $29,500 as well as a $1,500 relocation allowance.
The Australian Government offers Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to both domestic and international students pursuing Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. Monash scholarships are highly competitive and are given out based on your academic record, research outputs, and prior research experience.
Monash University is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne. It was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the state of Victoria, named after a prominent World War I general, Sir John Monash. The university has four campuses in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville) and one in Malaysia.
Monash University also has a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, as well as a graduate research school in Mumbai, India, and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Courses at Monash University are also offered in other countries, including South Africa.
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Courses Offered: Arts, Biomedical Science, Design Education, Educational and Developmental Psychology and Philosophy, Engineering Science, Fine Art, Philosophy, Reproductive Sciences, Surgery
- Program Period: Different according to your course.
Monash Research Training Program Deadlines
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 1)
opens 1 September, closes 31 March
- DOMESTIC (Round 2)
opens 1 November, closes 31 May
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 3)
opens 1 April, closes 31 August
- DOMESTIC (Round 4)
opens 1 June, closes 31 October
You Can Apply: Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program 2023
Monash Research Training Program provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Annual living allowance: $29,500.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Monash Research Training Program
To be eligible for Monash Research Training Program, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English. You must meet the Monash’s English language proficiency requirements.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- A course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- A master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account.
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
How to Apply for Monash Research Training Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Monash Research Training Program:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Click here to register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
To apply and know more about Monash Research Training Program, please visit the official website: