The Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023-2024 are fully funded international student scholarships. The Orange Knowledge Programme covers the cost of living, tuition, visas, round-trip airfare, and health insurance.
Begin your studies in the Netherlands. Excellent news! Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023-2024 are currently open. This article will go into detail about this scholarship, its benefits, and the application process.
Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023-2024 are fully funded masters and short courses scholarships for international students. The Orange Knowledge Programme, funded by the Netherlands Government Scholarship, provides free living expenses, tuition fees, visas, round-trip transportation, and health insurance.
This scholarship aims to promote the ability, knowledge, and performance growth of both individuals and organizations in the fields of higher education and vocational education, as well as in other areas related to the program nations’ key topics.
On July 1, 2017, the Netherlands Fellowship Programs (NFP) entered a new phase as a new program known as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs initiated and fully funds OKP.
You Can Apply: University of Winnipeg Scholarships 2023 (Application Process)
Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023-2024 Summary
- Level of Study: Masters / Short Courses
- Institution(s): Various Institutes in Netherlands (Studyfinder)
- Study in: Netherlands
- Program Period: Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months). Master’s programmers (duration 12 – 24 months).
- Round 1 – for master’s and short courses
- Accepting applications between 2 February – 22 March 16.00 CET.
- Both master’s and short courses should start between 25 July and 21 November 2023.
- Round 2 – for short courses
- Accepting applications between 11 May – 28 June 16.00 CET.
- Courses should start between 21 November 2022 and 20 February 2023.
- Round 3 – for short courses
- Accepting applications between 31 August – 11 October 16.00 CET.
- Courses should start from 20 February 2023 onward and must be completed before 31 August 2023.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Courses
- All courses that are eligible for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship for this application round are listed in Studyfinder .
- Please note that there are focus areas for each country, which are taken into consideration when scholarship applications are nominated and assessed. Applications that fall within the focus areas for a specific country are given priority: Country focus document Orange Knowledge Program.
You Can Apply: Monash Research Training Program 2023 In Australia (Fully Funded)
Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023-2024 Coverage
Netherlands Government Scholarship is fully funded.
- Free costs of living
- Free tuition fees
- Free visa
- Free roundtrip travel tickets
- Free Health insurance
- Thesis Research Grant
Eligibility Criteria Netherlands Government Scholarship
To be eligible for Netherlands Government Scholarship, these points should be considered:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship applicant holds the nationality of and is resident and working in one of the countries on the OKP Country list (see the document Country List for Short courses and Masters ).
- The scholarship applicant works for one of the following types of national or local organizations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, the private sector, commissions or NGOs.
- The scholarship applicant may not work for: a bilateral or multilateral organization, a non-governmental organization that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature, and environmental protection, health or human rights.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, in light of his/her (1) role, (2) multiple years of relevant work experience and (3) networks within a theme relevant to local development, is in a position or through his/her employer could be put in a position to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
- The scholarship applicant holds a valid identity document.
- The scholarship applicant has been admitted to the course or program for which he/she wishes an OKP scholarship.
- The scholarship applicant has provided a government statement with the scholarship application if this is required by the local government (see the document government statement requirement).
- The scholarship applicant demonstrates that the requested co-funding percentage is available to fund the study.
- The employer of the scholarship applicant supports the scholarship application through a positive reference, declares that it will continue to pay the salary of the scholarship recipient during the program and after his/her return will give the scholarship recipient an opportunity to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
You Can Apply: ICFO Fellowship 2023-2024 In Spain | Fully Funded
How to Apply for Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023-2024?
Please follow the following step by step application procedure to avail Netherlands Government Scholarship:
(1) Find a course or master’s Program that is eligible for the scholarship. You can find the eligible courses in study Program database www.studyfinder.nl, specifying in the search criteria: ‘OKP qualified: Yes’.
(2) Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- The course content.
- The scholarship application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution).
- The scholarship application and selection procedures.
- The online application form and the required application documents.
(3) Prepare your application and the supporting documents.
(4) Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course.
To know more about Netherlands Government Scholarship, please visit the official website: