Apply for the fully funded Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships to study free in the UK and it consisting of full tuition fee support and a bursary for living expenses for applicants .
Newcastle University is proud to support equal access to higher education and is pleased to offer Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships consisting of full tuition fee support and a bursary for living expenses for applicants wishing to study at the University. The scholarships have been designed to enable students from asylum-seeker backgrounds to progress to higher level study.
Newcastle University is a highly-ranked Russell Group institution with a global reputation for academic excellence, research power and graduate employability. With students from more than 140 nationalities and campuses in Singapore and Malaysia, Newcastle is a truly international university.
Newcastle University is a member of the Russell Group and a Global Top 125 university (QS World University Rankings 2023). We can trace our roots back to the School of Medicine and Surgery, which was founded in 1834. We now have a global reach, as we are connected to and network with strategic partners, research institutions, industry collaborators, and employers worldwide. We are a global leader in sustainable development, having received 5+ QS Stars for Excellence 2022 and being ranked first in the UK and eighth in the world in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022.
Our groundbreaking research informs over 300 taught and research degrees. Opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration with business or industry are provided by funded doctoral training centers and partnerships. Courses in Continuing Professional Development will help you advance in your career. Some of our courses allow you to study part-time, and we also offer courses that combine online learning with face-to-face instruction.
You Can Apply: University of East Anglia Scholarship 2023 in The UK
Details about the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Sponsor: Newcastle University
- Eligible Regions: International Students and Asylum seekers
- Deadline: 7 April 2023
Programme of Study
Sanctuary Scholarship applications will be considered from students applying to the following programmes:
- undergraduate degree programmes
- postgraduate degree programmes
- doctorate level programmes (e.g. PhD)
The following applicants are not eligible to apply for Sanctuary Scholarship funding:
- Study abroad and exchange students
- Applicants for non-degree awards (Higher Education Diploma, Higher Education Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma)
For more information about the scheme, please see the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarship Regulations. (PDF: 141KB)
You Can Apply: Hardin Simmons University Scholarship 2023 in The USA
Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships Benefits
Full tuition fees and living expenses.
1.The following categories of applicants can apply under this scheme:
a. asylum seekers
b. children of asylum seekers and unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (e.g. children migrants under 18)*
c. applicants with refugee status (ineligible for Student Finance government funding)
*Applicants who have been granted Humanitarian Protection, Discretionary Leave to Remain as a result of an application for asylum, or the children of a parent in this position, will also be considered.
2. Applicants must be living in the UK at the time that they apply for consideration under the scheme. Priority will be given to applicants from the North East of England (Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Northumberland, Cleveland and North Cumbria).
3. Applicants must have applied for a place on a Newcastle University degree programme. Priority will be given to applicants applying for their first degree.
4. Their predicted grades must meet the entry requirements for the degree concerned.
Applicants who hold qualifications from outside the UK are welcome to use our International Webpages. Start by Selecting your Country to find the typical Undergraduate and Postgraduate entry requirements, before you apply to Newcastle.
Should you have any further questions about our entry requirements, please do get in touch via the below links and we will be happy to help:-
Enquiries about Undergraduate Study
Enquiries about Postgraduate Study.
5. Applicants must meet the English language criteria for their course or have relevant qualifications to indicate their English language competency. Find out more about our English language support.
Personal circumstances will be taken into account if there is good reason for criterion 4 or 5 not being met.
6. Applicants must be unable to access mainstream funding, for example from Student
Finance England or a local authority grant.
These criteria have been discussed and agreed with the Asylum and Migration Justice Forum.
You Can Apply: University of Nottingham Scholarships 2023 in UK
How To Apply For Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
Applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship must be made using our form. Applicants will be required to upload proof of their immigration status and a reference. The reference should be from someone who has known the applicant for a significant period of time and who is aware of their personal circumstances.
Please read the application guidance (PDF: 130KB) carefully, before completing the application form.
Questions regarding the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarship Scheme should be sent to [email protected].