The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition winners are awarded a variety of prizes and opportunities, including a fully-funded one-week trip to London to participate in educational and cultural events.
Table of Contents
The Royal Commonwealth Society has announced the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023, which will allow young students all over the world to demonstrate their writing abilities. This program, which is one of the oldest international writing contests, was created to encourage young students to participate in writing competitions and to help them develop their creativity, writing skills, and confidence to express themselves through the power of words. Students can broaden their horizons, gain global exposure, and improve their overall development by participating in such competitions.
The initiative’s goal is to encourage students to think critically, be innovative, and become future leaders. Students will be able to showcase their talents and compete against peers from other countries through this competition, all while making a positive impact on society.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 (QCEC) is more than just a platform for talented writers; it is also a program that introduces young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, under-represented demographics, and remote communities to the joys of writing. The QCEC contributes to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Quality Education by promoting literacy and writing skills in 60 countries and territories.
The Society intends to broaden its reach and impact by leveraging its digital literacy initiative to encourage more young people to improve their writing skills and academic achievement. The QCEC’s goal with this competition is to help students realize their potential, cultivate their creativity, and improve their overall development. This program not only allows students to showcase their writing abilities, but it also helps them in their personal and academic growth, equipping them with the tools necessary to thrive in today’s world.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition invites young people from across the Commonwealth to submit essays on topics that reflect the Commonwealth’s values and principles. By taking part in the competition, young writers improve their literacy skills while also developing empathy and an open-minded worldview. Recent themes have focused on important issues such as the environment, inclusion, youth leadership, and gender equality.
Young writers have demonstrated innovative ideas for positive change and challenged readers to consider new perspectives in their essays. Young writers learn to think critically and creatively by exploring these themes, becoming change agents in their communities and beyond. The QCEC provides a unique opportunity for young people to express themselves and contribute to making the world a better place for all.
You Can Apply: Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023 In Netherlands
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 Details
- QCEC Host Country: UK
- Offered by: Royal Commonwealth Society
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 30 June 2023
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition Awards
- Winners of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition receive a range of prizes and opportunities.
- This includes a fully-funded one-week trip to London to participate in educational and cultural events.
- The trip provides a unique opportunity to experience the diverse culture of the UK and engage with other young writers from across the Commonwealth.
- In addition to the trip, winners receive Gold, Silver, or Bronze medals in their respective age categories, recognizing their outstanding work and talent.
- Every participant also receives a Certificate of Participation, acknowledging their contribution and commitment to developing their writing skills.
- These prizes not only recognize the excellence of young writers but also inspire them to continue honing their skills and pursue their passions with confidence and dedication.
You Can Apply: New Zealand Farm Working Jobs 2023 (19,000 Visa Sponsorship)
Eligibility Criteria of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competiton 2023
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Commonwealth countries.
- For the Senior Category, participants must be born between July 1, 2004, and June 30, 2009.
- For the Junior Category, participants must be born on or after July 1, 2009.
- Citizens or residents of Ireland, Zimbabwe, and Hong Kong are also eligible to apply.
- The Royal Commonwealth Society branches of non-Commonwealth countries will handle the submissions of their competitors.
It’s important for applicants to carefully review the eligibility criteria to ensure that they meet all the requirements before submitting their entries.
Requirements of the QCEC 2023
- Participants must choose a topic from the list of provided topics or create their own essay topic that is related to the theme of the competition.
- Entries must be written in English and must not exceed 1,500 words for the Senior Category and 750 words for the Junior Category.
- Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format through the official competition website.
- Participants must ensure that their entries are original, previously unpublished, and written entirely by them.
- Entries must be free of plagiarism, and participants must cite any sources used in their essays.
- Entries must follow the specified format and guidelines, including font size, line spacing, and margins.
- Participants must provide accurate and complete information, including their name, age, and country of residence.
- Entries must be submitted before the specified deadline.
QCEC 2023 Topics
- As Head of the Commonwealth, His Majesty The King is opening an international conference on the importance of young people in decision-making. Write his speech.
- Does age matter?
- The 2023 Year of Youth was a moment of significant social change – what was its impact on the world?
- Script a dialogue between two people, with contrasting viewpoints, on an issue that divides generations.
- In fiction and throughout history, young people have performed numerous acts of heroism. Choose your favorite young hero and write to them about why you admire them.
- What is your youthful superpower, and how can it make a positive difference in the world?
- You have been stranded on a planet where everyone is 18 or under. Journal your experience.
- Why does your voice matter?
You Can Apply: University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023
The application deadline to apply for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 is 30 June 2023.
How to Apply for Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition?
Applicants must complete the Online Application form in order to be considered for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition. Make sure that your essay adheres to the competition’s rules and guidelines before submitting it.