Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 -2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students that covers full tuition, housing, medical insurance, and a monthly living allowance of up to CNY3500.
Table of Contents
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 offers scholarships to international students from all over the world for Undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. (Doctoral) Degree Programs in China. East China Normal University scholarships 2023 are fully funded and cover tuition, on-campus housing, stipends, and medical insurance, and international students from all countries are welcome to apply.
Every year, the Chinese Government Scholarship Program awards scholarships to outstanding international students from around the world to study at various Chinese universities in Shanghai, China. Shanghai Government Scholarships are intended to foster international collaboration and mutual understanding by establishing science and technology innovation centres with global clout. East China Normal University is one of the prestigious universities taking part in the Shanghai Government Scholarships programme, which offers international students the opportunity to pursue bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS welcomes international students to pursue higher education at educational institutes in Shanghai, China, for the 2023-2024 academic year. Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) was established in 2006 with the goal of enhancing the development of international student education in Shanghai and attracting an increasing number of brilliant international students.
The fully-funded international scholarship programme allows candidates to broaden their academic knowledge and develop their professional skills during their stay in China by learning new skills and honing existing ones. Furthermore, the Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 allows students to interact with people from various cultures, religions, ethnicities, socio-political and economic backgrounds. Intellectuals are exposed to various disciplines and their relevant educational activities while being mentored by world-class supervisors. The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) is a fully funded scholarship that covers all expenses related to studying in China.
Studying in Shanghai is a fantastic opportunity, and SGS offers Scholarships in China to Non-Chinese Students in a variety of disciplines. Under the Shanghai Scholarship, students can study philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
The Shanghai Municipal Government offers two types of scholarships. Type A (Full Scholarship) includes tuition exemption, on-campus housing, comprehensive medical insurance, and monthly living expenses. Type B Complete information is provided below.
Applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2020 For Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. are being accepted. Shanghai Government has opened its doors to Full Scholarship in China, inviting students from all over the world to pursue Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. degrees on a full scholarship.
You Can Apply: Jefferson Scholars Foundation National Fellowship 2023 | USA
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 Details
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institutions(s): Shanghai Universities (Check list below)
- Study in: China
- Courses Offered: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
- Program Period: Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years, Master’s Degree Programs: 2 to 3 years, Doctoral Degree Programs: 3 to 4 years
- Deadline: Between January to June of each year
Shanghai Government Scholarship Duration
- Undergraduate Programs: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s Programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral Programs: 3 to 4 years
Also Read: Stanford University Free Online Courses 2022
List of Shanghai universities
|2||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn|
|3||Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine||http://www.shsmu.edu.cn/iso|
|5||East China Normal University||http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN|
|6||East China University of Science and Technology||http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/en|
|7||Shanghai International Studies University||http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn|
|9||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics||http://ices.sufe.edu.cn|
|11||University of Shanghai for Science and Technology||http://iso.usst.edu.cn|
|12||Shanghai Maritime University||http://en.shmtu.edu.cn|
|13||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||http://www.shcmusic.edu.cn|
|14||Shanghai Theatre Academy||http://www.sta.edu.cn|
|15||Shanghai University of Sport||http://cice.sus.edu.cn|
|16||East China University of Political Science and Law||http://www.ecupl.edu.cn|
|17||Shanghai Ocean University||http://admissions.shou.edu. cn/en/en?c=index|
|18||Shanghai University of Electric Power||http://fao.shiep.edu.cn/en|
|19||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine||http://iec.shutcm.edu.cn/en|
|20||Shanghai Normal University||http://iao.shnu.edu.cn|
|21||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics||http://www.suibe.edu.cn/sis|
|22||Shanghai university of Engineering Science||http://chinese.sues.edu.cn|
|23||Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance||http://en.lixin.edu.cn/web/ home.aspx|
|24||Shanghai Polytechnic University||http://lxs.sspu.edu.cn|
|25||Shanghai Dianji University||http://guojijl.sdju.edu.cn|
|26||Shanghai Institute of Technology||http://inter.sit.edu.cn/s/56/t/ 263/p/1/c/2504/list.htm|
|27||Shanghai Business School||http://www.sbs.edu.cn/en_01|
|28||Shanghai University of Political Science and Law||http://int.shupl.edu.cn/ english/main.psp|
|29||Sanda University||http://www.sandau.edu.cn/ english/main.htm|
|30||Shanghai Jian Qiao University||http://www.iidc.gench.edu.cn|
|31||Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences||http://www.sumhs.edu.cn|
|33||China Europe International Business School||http://en.ceibs.edu|
|34||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences||http://yjs.sass.org.cn|
Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Exempt From Full Tuition fee
- Free Accommodation on campus
- Provide Free Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Living expenses
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000;
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee
- comprehensive medical insurance.
Available Study Fields List
- International Chinese Studies
- Advanced International and Area Studies
- Educational Technology
- Teacher Education
- Educational Psychology
- Education Science
- Psychology and Cognitive Science
- Business, Economics, Management Administration
- Finance and Statics
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Molecular Engineering
- Chinese Language & Literature
- Social Development
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education and Health Care
- Fine Arts
- Geographic Sciences
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences
- Urban and Regional Sciences
- Key Laboratory of Precision Spectroscopy
- Estuary and Coastal Research
Also Check: Study In Netherlands on Fully Funded Scholarships 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Shanghai Government Scholarships 2023
- To qualify for Shanghai Government Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: Generally, applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries except Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master degree program must have a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply SGS.
Supporting Documents for Shanghai Government Scholarship
- SGS application form
- East China Normal University application form
- Educational Certificates
- Copy of Passport
- Study Plan
- Research proposal (If Applicable)
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Recommendation letters
- Physical Examination Form
- Acceptance Letter (if applicable)
- Proof of Language
- Non-Criminal Certificate
The application deadline to Apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship Program 2022 in China is Between January to June of each year
Read Also: List Of Fully Funded Scholarships in France 2022
How To Apply For Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the following step by step application instructions to avail Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Submit online application and download the application form.
- Applicant should register and apply online through selected university website (List of universities is given above). Submit online application and pay application fee (if applicable).
- After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hard-copy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- General Documents required:
- Application Form from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee.
- Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
- The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
- Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be cancelled without providing the relevant certificates.
To know more about Shanghai Government Scholarships, please visit official website: