The Leo Baeck Fellowship program 2023-2024 provides international students with a fully funded research grant that includes a monthly stipend of EUR 1,350 as well as a research cost allowance of EUR 100.
Continue your education in Germany. Excellent news! The Leo Baeck fellowship program is currently accepting applications. This article will go into detail about this fellowship, its benefits, and the application process.
The Leo Baeck Fellowship program 2023-2024 provides international students with a fully funded research grant. This scholarship includes a monthly stipend of EUR 1,350 as well as a research cost allowance of EUR 100.
The international Leo Baeck Fellowship Program is designed for doctoral candidates working on a dissertation in the field of Central European Judaism’s history and culture. Projects from all epochs, disciplines (such as literature, philosophy, history, and musicology), and geographical areas (such as Europe, America, and Israel) are welcome, as long as they have a connection to German-speaking Judaism.
Aside from financial support for a year, the program provides opportunities for scientific exchange and networking. It is open to doctoral candidates from all nationalities and universities around the world. The fellows stay at their respective universities and attend two workshops co-hosted by the Leo Baeck Institute London and the Study Foundation.
- Level of Study: Research Fellowship (Doctoral)
- Institution(s): Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- Study in: Germany/ Europe
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Any Field including literature, philosophy, history, musicology
- Program Period: more than a year
- Deadline: February 01, 2023
Leo Baeck Fellowship program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Fellows receive a stipend of 1,350 € a month.
- In addition a monthly research allowance of 100 € is available.
- Fellows can also apply for supplements for health insurance (max. 100 €/month) and childcare, as well as travel allowances to support research tips and participation at conferences abroad.
- Contributions to tuition fees outside Germany may also be granted (max. 10,000 €).
- All funding is provided in accordance with the general regulations issued by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
You Can Apply: Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Program 2023
Eligibility Criteria for The Leo Baeck Fellowship program
To qualify for Leo Baeck Fellowship program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English/German
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- University degree(s) with outstanding marks
- Date of latest degree not before February 2018
- Formal qualification for doctoral studies / acceptance on a doctoral programme at a recognised university
- Research project focussing on the history and culture of Central European Jewry
How to Apply for Leo Baeck Fellowship program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Leo Baeck Fellowship programs :
Candidates are invited to submit the following documents in English or German:
- Application form (DOC, 2 MB)
- Cover letter outlining the motivation for participation in the programme (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae with details on education, general interests and language skills
- Photocopy of university degree(s), including marks/grading
- Research proposal (5 pages)
- Research schedule for the academic year 2023/24, including planned research trips
- Letter of recommendation by the supervisor of the PhD project
- Second letter of recommendation
They accept applications by e-mail (as a single pdf document please, the letters of recommendation may be submitted separately) or conventional mail (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, Ahrstraße 41, 53175 Bonn, Deutschland). Only complete application sets will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to two video-based interviews in April/May 2023.
You can Apply: Maastricht University Scholarship 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
To know more about Leo Baeck Fellowship program, please visit official website: