Applications for the University of Lausanne Scholarship for the year 2024 are now open. Scholarships are available to international students with a monthly stipend of CHF 1,600 per month
Table of Contents
Applications for the University of Lausanne Scholarship for the academic year 2024 are now open. University of Lausanne Scholarship in Europe are available to international students pursuing master’s degrees at the University of Lausanne. The University of Lausanne scholarship is a merit-based award given to outstanding students who have completed their studies at a foreign institution and have excelled academically.
The stipend is provided for the duration of the student’s chosen programme. With the exception of situations of definite catastrophic failure after the first year, it equates to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July for the duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years contingent on the selected masters). Furthermore, UNIL awards approximately ten fellowships each year.
The University of Lausanne is a research and teaching institution with seven divisions, approximately 15,600 undergraduate students, and 3,900 technical personnel. UNIL places a high value on education’s excellence and inventiveness. This is distinguished by a highly multidisciplinary viewpoint, which is mirrored in the organisation.
You can Apply: List of Switzerland Internships 2022 | Fully Funded
- Inter faculty Programs
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice, and Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Details about the University of Lausanne Scholarship
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Lausanne
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Please see list below.
- Program Period: 2 years for students undertaking a Master
- Deadline: The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows. The postmark will attest to the date sent.
Eligibility Criteria For University of Lausanne scholarship
Here are the eligibility criteria for the University of Lausanne scholarship:
- Before the commencement of the Master’s program at UNIL, you must have earned a foreign university degree deemed equal to a graduate degree at UNIL.
- To have excelled academically throughout your education.
- Have a linguistic level of at least B2 in French (pertaining to the European Language Portfolio globally scale) or at best C1 in English (depending on the language in which one’s preferred masters is imparted).
- You are not a UNIL member.
- Applicants must be able to pay the rest of the charges and fees.
- Applicants who have completed a bachelor’s degree from a foreign university and have excellent academic records can apply.
Benefits Of University of Lausanne scholarship
University of Lausanne Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- Candidates are made aware of the fact that the sum of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
- With regard to this, we invite candidates to consult the following page about the reference budget of a student at UNIL here.
- Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
You Can Apply: Google News Student Fellowship Program 2022
- Application form
- Passport size picture
- Copy of secondary school diploma.
- Academic transcripts
- Program description of last semester of bachelor’s degree (if the degree is not issued yet)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letters (two)
- Cover letter
- Copy of official language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Copy of passport and identity card
- Proof of application fee
How To Apply For University of Lausanne scholarship
- A passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format).
- The application form, duly completed and signed.
- A certified copy of your academic qualifications and of all the grade transcripts from all examinations taken at the university.
- A copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarized translation of any diplomas not written in French, German, English or Italian is required.
- A copy of the programme description of the last semester of your bachelor degree, if the degree has not yet been obtained.
- A copy of your passport or identity card.
- A cover letter.
- A complete curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the official certificate of knowledge of the language in which the master is taught (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 is the minimum level required to follow the course.
- Two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers, in sealed envelopes.
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
Application Procedure for UNIL Master’s Grants:
- Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
- The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
- The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
To know more about the University of Lausanne Scholarship, please visit the official websites: