International students from all over the world can now apply for University of Ottawa International Scholarships 2023 in Canada. Undergraduate, Master’s, Ph.D., Graduate Diploma, and Short Program scholarships are available at the University. It is a fantastic opportunity to apply for Scholarships at Ottawa University. The university is well-known for its high-quality education and well-developed learning environment.
Students are constantly fighting for more funding, and Ottawa University has come to their aid with their International scholarships 2023. For students who need financial assistance to pay for their education, Ottawa University offers a variety of International scholarship programs. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so contact Ottawa University right away.
It is becoming increasingly difficult for students to locate institutions in Canada that offer Scholarships, particularly in Ottawa. Fortunately, Ottawa University has taken steps to reduce the financial burden of higher education for international students by providing scholarships for bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D., microprograms, short programs (less than six months), and graduate diplomas (under two years). The University of Ottawa is a public research university in the Canadian capital of Ottawa. The University of Ottawa is one of Canada’s top-ranked and most prestigious universities, educating students while also preparing them to specialize in their areas of interest. Students applying for Ottawa University Scholarships 2023 should have a strong academic background.
Also Read: University of Winnipeg President’s scholarship in Canada 2022 [Fully Funded]
University of Ottawa Scholarships 2023 Short Summary
- Scholarship Host Country: Canada
- University: University of Ottawa
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Eligibility: International Students
- Financial Coverage: Funded
Benefits of University of Ottawa International Scholarships 2023 in Canada
The University of Ottawa offers a number of scholarships to both Canadians and international students for full-time undergraduate and graduate study. Applicants will be automatically considered for some of the scholarships offered by the University of Ottawa. The following is a description of the most generous scholarships offered by the University of Ottawa.
- University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship: The amount of stipend varies between $1,000 and $4,000.
- French Studies Bursary: This scholarship awards $1,000 per year to students enrolled in direct-entry faculties or in the Faculty of Law, Civil Law program, for four undergraduate years.
- Bursaries for Postsecondary Studies in French as a Second Language: Providing financial assistance of $3,000 to students enrolled in a program taught in French.
- Professional Training Scholarship: Awarded to students enrolled in the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, the Faculty of Education, or the Faculty of Medicine, MD Program (with a maximum award of $1,000).
- President’s Scholarship: The award amount is $30,000 ($7,500 per year) or $22,500 ($7,500 per year) if you are pursuing your law degree through a civil law program. Applicants must have fluency in English and French. This scholarship may be renewed for three years.
- Chancellor’s Scholarship: The scholarship is worth $26,000 ($6,500 annually).
- Merit Scholarship: Up to $1000 for each term of full-time undergraduate study.
- Faculty of Engineering Dean’s Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to International students in the faculty of Engineering. 35 scholarships are available. Its value is $4,000 to $5,000.
- Faculty of Engineering Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to seven female students enrolled at the faculty of engineering. This scholarship is worth $2,000.
- Faculty of Science Undergraduate Research Scholarship: A total of 16 students will receive this scholarship. The value of the scholarship is $11,500.
- Faculty of Social Sciences Dean’s Excellence Award: The award is valued at $1500.
- Faculty of Social Sciences Jean Chrétien Scholarship: The award is valued at a minimum of $5,000.
- Fleur de Lys Admission Scholarship: The value of this scholarship is $10,000 ($2,500 per year).
- Faculty of Arts Dean’s Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students in the Faculty of Arts. Ten scholarships are offered and they are renewable. The scholarship is valued at $4,000 ($1,000 per year) for four consecutive undergraduate years.
- Student Mobility Scholarship: The value of the scholarship is $1,000 for one term, and $2,000 for two terms.
- Differential Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship: The value of these scholarships differs from program to program and is offered to international students.
- Entrance Scholarship for African Students Studying in English: The amount varies based on the course of study undertaken by the student.
- Excellence Scholarship for African Students Studying in English: These scholarships are awarded to international students who are citizens of African countries and their value varies according to their study program.
- Admission Scholarship: The scholarship is valued at $7,500 per year.
- Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students attending Ottawa University. The amount of the scholarship depends on the degree program you are enrolled in.
- Special Merit Scholarship: The scholarship amount and the duration may vary.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS): This is a scholarship available to female applicants. The value of the Master Degree Program is $25,000 with a $1,000 research allowance.
- Mitacs Globalink Fellowship
The following list provides a list of PhD scholarships available at Ottawa University Canada.
- International Doctoral Scholarship: Applicants that do not receive waivers of tuition are eligible for this scholarship.
- Admission Scholarship: The scholarship amounts to $72,000 over a period of four years.
- Special Merit Scholarship: The scholarship is available to international students. Scholarship amounts may vary.
- Mitacs Globalink Fellowship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship: One of the most prestigious scholarships on offer by the government of Canada. For More information, Click Here.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS): The scholarship is valued at $35,000 plus $2000 towards research.
You Can Apply: University of Toronto Scholarships 2023 (Study in Canada)
Eligibility Criteria of University of Ottawa Scholarships 2023
There are many scholarship opportunities available to students at the University of Ottawa. Therefore, eligibility criteria would vary from program to program and scholarship to scholarship.
- Check eligibility criteria here for Undergraduate Degree Programs.
- Check eligibility criteria here for Graduate Degree Programs.
Application Deadline for University of Ottawa Scholarship 2023
Due to the Different types of scholarships offered by Ottawa University, the application deadlines for these scholarships may vary. Please check official website.
Deadline for Undergraduates is 1st April 2023.
Deadline for Graduates is 1st February 2023.
You Can Apply: University of Dublin Global Excellence Scholarships 2023 in Ireland
How to Apply for University of Ottawa International Scholarships 2023
- Students must apply online by visiting the official website.
- There are some scholarships offered to students that do not require them to apply separately for these awards.
- Each student must create an account online and remember his/her login ID and password.
- Students should fill out the application form for the program they want to study and upload all the required documents.