The WFP Innovation Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications. The programme provides equity-free funding as well as mentorship. The World Food Programme (WFP) seeks to strengthen and sustain the global food system. The World Food Programme has organised 40 flagship boot camps. Over 387 start-ups have been supported by the organisation. It has so far managed to reach over 8.6 million people by 2021.
This challenge aims to attract innovators who can collaborate with the World Food Programme to combat hunger and provide safe food to society. The World Food Programme has been in operation in eighty countries since 1961, with its headquarters in Rome. It is a non-profit organisation dedicated to eradicating hunger and providing food to people all over the world.
You Can Apply: World Food Program Internship Program Fully Funded 2022
Details about the WFP Innovation Challenge 2022
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: anyone can apply
- Deadline: April 6, 2022
Here are the eligibility criteria to apply for the WFP Innovation Challenge:
- The start-up registered for the competition must be applicated at the time of registration.
- Start-ups can be profit or non-profit businesses.
- Participants must have a concept and initial traction of their start-up.
- Proposals must be feasible.
- The proposal should indicate a long-term strategy that will serve the business in the future.
- WFP employees must provide their country office support evidence and management buy-in.
- They can also participate in this competition.
- WFP employees collaborating with NGOs, government, or private sectors are eligible.
The benefits of the WFP Innovation Challenge are as follows:
- Financing: receive up to $ 100,000 in financing without capital
- Access to WFP operations: successful teams will have the opportunity to work with WFP
- Practical support: have the opportunity to work with technical and industry mentors.
- Networks: Teams will be able to leverage and leverage our strong network of public, private and government partners to accelerate implementation.
How To Apply For WFP Innovation Challenge 2022
- Interested companies/start-ups must apply online for this program.
- The start-ups must impact society and meet the aim of WFP of ending hunger.
- The proposal must be innovative.
- Feasible idea with a measured impact delivery time.
- Must have financial support and does not entirely depend upon WFP funding.
- Teamwork, knowledge, experience and commitment shall be among the team.